Friday 11 February 2011

One bet today.

Bank= £11,525

13:45 Southwell Diamond sunrise £200 win 11/1

Took to the surface when finishing 5th 4 1/4 lengths back to Monsieur Jamie over 5f last November. Kept on well over 7f at wolves finishing 2 1/2 lengths behind the winner lto, was unable to get a good position from a tough draw in that race, raced keenly and I thought she was held up for to long, I think 6 furlongs will suit her at this track and I’d like to see her allowed to run up with the pace today especially as it looks to be a strong one.
Varrazano could threaten, won over c+d lto, I wasn’t overly impressed with that as it was a poor race and she looked awkward at times. I also think to progress she’ll need further then this trip and on hadicap debut is one to oppose for me. Doubts over the rest I’ll take the selection who looks a decent enough sort, potentially well handicapped and can continue her improvement with a big run today.

Update:Never got going, finished last.

Race comment:aced wide tracked leaders, ridden to chase leader over 2f out until over 1f out, soon weakened.

Bank = £11,325

0 comments: